Alissa Knight explains her journey as a trans woman in a male-dominated industry and shares her unique perspective on cybersecurity diversity in this clip from the Cyber Work podcast.
– Watch the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5szRGGWt1M0
– Enter code “cyberwork” to get 30 days of free training with Infosec Skills: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/skills/
– View transcripts and additional episodes: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
Alissa Knight is a published author, the managing partner at Knight Ink, principal analyst at Alissa Knight & Associates and group CEO at Brier & Thorn. She is a recovering hacker of 20 years and as a serial entrepreneur has started and sold two companies prior to her ventures she runs now. Alissa is a cybersecurity influencer working for market leaders and challenger brands in cybersecurity as a content creator. Follow her on Twitter and LinkedIn, and subscribe to her YouTube channel to follow her adventures in entrepreneurship and cybersecurity.
– YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCejZj1i5m_UlwPqu_7IqBwQ
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/alissaknight?lang=en
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alissaknight/
At Infosec, we believe knowledge is the most powerful tool in the fight against cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with a full regimen of certifications and skills development training. We also empower all employees with security awareness and training to stay cybersecure at work and home. Founded by smart people wanting to do good, Infosec educates entire organizations on how to defend themselves from cybercrime. That’s what we do every day — equipping everyone with the latest security skills so the good guys win.
Learn more at infosecinstitute.com.