All statistics in this report are from the global cloud service Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), which receives information from components in our security solutions. The data was obtained from users who have given their consent to it being sent to KSN. Millions of Kaspersky users around the globe assist us in this endeavor to collect information about malicious activity. The statistics in this report cover the period from November 2019 to October 2020, inclusive.
Figures of the year
- During the year, 10.18% of Internet user computers worldwide experienced at least one Malware-class attack.
- Kaspersky solutions blocked 666,809,967 attacks launched from online resources in various countries across the world.
- 173,335,902 unique URLs were recognized as malicious by Web Anti-Virus.
- Our Web Anti-Virus blocked 33,412,568 unique malicious objects.
- Ransomware attacks were defeated on the computers of 549,301 unique users.
- During the reporting period, miners attacked 1,523,148 unique users.
- Attempted infections by malware designed to steal money via online access to bank accounts were logged on the devices of 668,619 users.
This post appeared first on SecureList – Kaspersky Lab’s Cyberthreat Research and Reports