All the statistics used in this report were obtained using Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), a distributed antivirus network that works with various anti-malware protection components. The data was collected from KSN users who agreed to provide it. Millions of Kaspersky Lab product users from 213 countries and territories worldwide participate in this global exchange of information about malicious activity. All the statistics were collected from November 2017 to October 2018.
The year in figures
- 30 .01% of user computers were subjected to at least one Malware-class web attack over the year.
- Kaspersky Lab solutions repelled 1 876 998 691 attacks launched from online resources located all over the world.
- 554 159 621 unique URLs were recognized as malicious by web antivirus components.
- Kaspersky Lab’s web antivirus detected 21 643 946 unique malicious objects.
- 765 538 computers of unique users were targeted by encryptors.
- 5 638 828 computers of unique users were targeted by miners.
- Kaspersky Lab solutions blocked attempts to launch malware capable of stealing money via online banking on 830 135 devices.
A form for Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2018. Statistics full report (English, PDF) will be here soon.
This post appeared first on SecureList – Kaspersky Lab’s Cyberthreat Research and Reports